Something on the side, you can be proud of.
This dish is my go-to side dish for when I have guests coming over, it's easy to make, delicious and filling (because there is nothing worst than leaving hungry after a dinner party.)
This is one of those dishes that you can prep and then let the magic happen in the oven while you work on the rest of your menu. They pair beautifully with a tender piece of beef or chicken and they hit the spot every time. Crunchy on the outside with a rosemary, salt crunch and soft gems on the inside these guys put a smile on our faces time and time again.
They are best served hot out of the oven, so pop these in 40 mins before the meal for the full oooo-ahhhhh effect as you unveil your easy, but deliciously impressive roast potatoes.
If you are running low on fresh herbs, head over to your pantry for any dried oregano, thyme, or paprika. They will taste just as good, and it's all about making them your signature potatoes so don't be afraid to experiment.
WATCH THE FULL TUTORIAL. Enjoy!
Essentials: How to make roast potatoes with rosemary.
Prep time: 15 mins Cook time: 40 mins Total time: 55 mins Serves: 4 people
- 6 Royal Blue Potatoes (good for roasting)
- 2 rosemary branches
- 1 Tablespoon of sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon of peppercorns
- 1 Table spoon olive oil
- Mortar and Pestle
- Peel potatoes and roughly chop, place in a baking dish
- Take the rosemary, sea salt, peppercorns & olive oil and place in the mortar and pestle
- Grind all the ingredients until you get a smooth paste
- Place the paste over the chopped potatoes using your hands, make sure to cover all the potatoes well.
- Place in oven for 40 minutes at 180°C - occasionally using tongs to mix the potatoes so that they don't burn or stick.
- Take out of oven and serve hot.