Pea salad with a zesty dressing. Winner!
I never loved peas, in fact I actually despised them for a long time. I think it's a normal childhood thing to hate peas, they are green and look like vegetables. But that hate lingered for a little too long, because this pea salad with a ricotta fritter is far from the mushy pea I remember. It's fresh, vegetarian friendly, gluten free and summer on a plate. It's the perfect weekday dinner, because it's quick to whip up, bursting with flavour and guilt free. That in my mind is a winner dinner!
Summer Pea Salad with Natural Yoghurt dressing
Prep time: 30 mins Cook time: 20 mins Serves: 4
- 4 cups of Peas
- 2 cups of almond meal
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons ricotta
- 1 handful of mint
- 3 tablespoon of natural yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon of tahini
- 1 bag of rocket
- 1 punnet of cherry tomatoes
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt & Pepper
- Blend the Peas and mint in a hand blender until a puree
- Add the eggs and the almond meal and mix
- Finally add the ricotta to the mix and season with S&P
- Once you have your mix, place coconut oil in a hot pan and using a tablespoon place the mixture in the pan to form mini fritters.
- Allow the fritters to cook on one side for at least 1 minute, otherwise the mix will disintegrate.
- Using a spatula flip, your fritter should be golden brown and cook on the other side for 30 seconds -1 minute.
- 1. Mix the yoghurt & tahini and add the juice of the lemon mix thoroughly until the tahini has dissolved all the way through
- 2. Assembled the salad, with your rocket & cherry tomatoes at the base. Place your fritters on top and add a dollop of your dressing. Add extra lemon and S&P to your liking.
We hope you enjoy the summer zing of this salad. Let us know what you think in the comments.
For other dinner inspirations, be sure to check out our recipe section of the blog.
From The Table Top x