It's time for a party, because these fine pita's are the life of it!
These pita breads, are my go-to when entertaining. They are perfect for dips, to be eaten with prosciutto or with any antipasto affiliate for that matter. They are pumped with air and as light as a feather making them an absolute joy to consume in gluttonous bites.
Not only is there is a huge sense of satisfaction when eating them, but making these pita's also brings with it a thrill, whether you are fascinated by the growing powers of the yeast, you like a good knead or you are elated by the puffing up of these carb delights on the stove top - these guys really do bring on the warm and fuzzy's . Did I mention they take next to no time to make? PITA PARTY!
PLAY the video below to get the full recipe & know-how.
Shot & edited by my fabulous brother Matias Bolla . Styled by yours truly.
Prep time: 1 hour 30 mins, Cook time: 10 mins, Total time: 1 hour 40 mins
- 2.5 cups plain flour
- 1 sachet of yeast
- 1 cup of warm water
- 1 Tbsp of olive oil
- Place the yeast sachet in the warm water, let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of flour ( leave the remaining half a cup for kneading)
- Remove from bowl & knead on a clean surface for about 5-7 minutes until stretchy and soft
- Line a bowl with the olive oil and place the kneaded dough in it, cover with cling wrap and let sit in a warm spot for it to rise ( let it rise for 30mins - 1 hour)
- After it has risen seperate into 10-12 balls of dough and roll out into ovals.
- In a hot pan (no oil) place each oval and watch it puff up and bubble.
- Turn over and let brown.
- Ready to pita party!
From The Table Top x