The perfect light lunch, is this summer salad.
I am a lover of salads, especially in the summer when we have a scorcher of a day, they are my go to for the light & fresh factor.
I love beetroots, but find them a little messy when you have to cook them & I don’t like the sweetness of the canned type, but these Love Beets beetroots are a perfect solution. They last up to a year in your fridge without being opened & when you are ready to use them up, they will be fresh & albeit still messy with, that deep beetroot red, but perfect for the time poor person like myself.
This recipe has a number of things I like, the crunch of the broccolini the zing of the lemon and of course the earthy taste of the beetroot.
I added some of my fresh Labneh to this recipe, but if you have feta or ricotta handy this will work well too.
I hope you enjoy this new summer favourite.
Broccolini & Beetroot Salad with Lemon Walnut dressing
Prep Time: 20 mins Serves: 2
- 1 bunch of broccolini
- 5 mini beetroots
- 20g labneh
- rind of half a lemon
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 20 walnuts
- Salt & Pepper
- Chop the broccolini into thirds so they are edible pieces
- Boil up some water with a kettle and cover in a plastic container place the chopped broccolini in there for 3 minutes to cook, but sill be crunchy
- Cut the beetroot into quarters
- Grate the walnuts so that you have the meal, and blend it with the rind of half a lemon & olive oil add salt and pepper
- Drain your broccolini and toss the beetroot, labneh into one bowl
- Pour the dressing over the top.